For the safety and enjoyment of all of our guests, the following rules are strictly enforced.
Rules – Course
- Protective glasses and ear protection must be worn on the shooting course at all times.
- All guests must abide by all signage, rules, policies and regulations posted around the course at all times.
- Guests may use their own shotguns, however, they must be a field/sporting shotgun with a barrel length of 24” or longer measured from the end of the barrel to the top of the receiver with a measuring rod. Recommended barrel length is 26-32". No tactical shotguns – including but not limited to – sawed-off barrels, collapsible stocks, homemade, and/or pistol grip shotguns, unless they support a disabled guest. Convertible/combo/hybrid shotguns are not allowed.
- No picture taking from in front of the shooting stations! No drones are allowed at any time on the property for everyone’s safety. Do not walk off the paved path for any reason, it is a target range, you may be shot.
- Never enter or look into the opening of a trap house. Never try to fix a trap machine. Notify the LVSC staff at once of any problems or safety issues. Clubhouse phone number posted at each station.
- No alcoholic beverages or recreational drugs are allowed prior or during shooting. No one will be allowed to participate in any shooting activity if deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- All guest guns, gear, coolers, shooting carts or ATVs may be subject to safety inspections.
- A shotgun can only be loaded when a shooter is in the station, the gun is over the front rail and target area is deemed clear and safe. At all times, the gun shall be unloaded and placed on a rack or carried vertically with the action open. When leaving any station or shooting area, shooters must ensure that the shotgun is unloaded and the action is open and carried in a vertical position.
- All shots must be taken from inside a station by one person at a time. Shooting from anywhere else including next to or in front of a station is strictly prohibited. ONLY shooters in wheel chairs are permitted to shoot directly next to a station when it is deemed safe.
- No practice mounts or swings are allowed except while in the station and the gun pointed down range.
- No more than TWO (2) shells in a shotgun at any time.
- The largest shot size permitted is #7.5 (i.e. #8, #9 allowed – NO #6 shot or larger). If found with larger shot, you will be asked to leave the course with no refund. Recommended FPS 1145-1330.
- It is forbidden to shoot at any live game. If observed or reported you will be asked to leave the course with no refund and reported to the PA Game Commission for prosecution.
- You must pick up your empty shotgun shell hulls safely after shooting at each station.
- We are not responsible for any damages to your person, gun or any equipment that falls off of a push cart, shooting cart or ATV for any reason, whether it’s yours or LVSC’s cart. All drivers of a shooting cart/ATV, whether it is yours or LVSC’s, must possess a valid automobile driver’s license.
- Guns carried on personal shooting carts/ATVs must be carried vertically. We are not responsible for damages to personal shooting carts/ATVs caused by our staff, other guests or the owner.
- No shooting cart/ATV speeding. Speeding is considered driving faster than a person jogging, or staff’s judgment. Speeders will be asked to leave for the day with no refund, NO WARNINGS!
- Only drive in a clockwise rotation. All shooting cart riders must be seated. No hanging or standing on the back of a shooting cart/ATVs. No more than four (4) riders per shooting cart.
- Children under 3 years old are not permitted on the course. Children over 3 years old may be on the course as long as they are able to safely keep ear and eye protection on. Minimum age to shoot is based on the individual child’s physical maturity and ability to safely handle a firearm (recommended minimum age is 11 years old). It is up to the discretion of LVSC Management, Range Safety Officers, and/or LVSC Instructors as to whether or not they can safely handle a firearm.
- LVSC Management or Range Safety Officers (RSO) have the final determination on safety.
Any infraction of these rules will result in the loss of privileges and possible expulsion from the property, without refund.
Rules – Shooting Carts
- Drivers of personal and/or LVSC-issued shooting carts/ATVs must possess a valid automobile driver’s license.
- Guns must be carried vertically on shooting carts. For safety reasons, NO horizontal gun racks are permitted.
- All shooting cart riders must be seated. Guests may not stand or hang off the back of a shooting cart or ATV.
- No more than four (4) riders per cart.
- Drivers must proceed in a clockwise rotation. NO exceptions.
- Always park to the side, but remain on the pavement to allow for others to pass safely.
- LVSC is not responsible, for any reason, for injury to your person or for damage to equipment that falls off of personal or LVSC-issued shooting carts or ATVs.
- Safe shooting cart/ATV speeds must be maintained. LVSC considers speeding to be driving faster than a person jogs. Enforcement is at the staff’s discretion and if observed speeding, the driver of the cart/ATV will be asked to leave for the day, without refund. Sorry, for the safety of our guests, NO WARNINGS.
Note: Additional cart rules may be developed and added by LVSC.