No date scheduled for 2014
- What shot size is allowed on the course?
- Sizes 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, Load 7/8 to 1-1/4oz
- What type of choke is good to shoot with on your course?
- An IC or Light Modified choke is your best choice.
- How old must a child be to shoot?
- Generally 12 years of age is appropriate, but it is dependent on your child's size and maturity level.
- How long does it take to shoot the course?
- Two people about 1 hr. to 1-1/2 hrs. Four to six people 2-3 hours.
- Do I need to bring anything?
- We can supply everything you will need. Bring sunglasses or eye protection if you have them. We also have eye protection available for purchase. Ear protection is available at no-charge. If you don't have a shotgun, we can loan one to you or your group for $12. You can bring your own shells or buy them from us. If you use one of our loaner guns you must purchase shells from us.
- Do you offer lessons?
- Yes, we have a first time shooter's package which includes a loaner gun, instruction, 50 clay targets, 50 shotgun shells; all for only $70.00. - Youth $50.00. LVSC also offers individual or group lessons for all levels and abilities, please call the clubhouse to discuss your needs.
- Can I shoot by myself?
- Yes, we have delay counters that will throw targets in a delay after you push the trap release buttons if you want to shoot by yourself.
Are you open year round?
Yes, Wed-Sun 9:30am-5pm. We can open on Mondays or Tuesdays for special events.
- Do I need reservations?
- Only for golf carts and/or lessons.
Shooting across the water is great fun and can be a good teaching tool as well. Clays come from across the quarry, the sides, and under your feet.